Thursday, December 24, 2009

About hand-washing clothes?

My mother have been washing my clothes for all my life, and i couldn't stand anymore of how my clothes start to stink when environment is humid. What is the cause of this? I recently decided that i should wash my own clothes since i know where i perspire and stuff. But i tried it and it still stunk. The soap i am using for the clothes is this ';laundry soap'; my mother bought that i don't think works that well. Is there any method you guys can recommend me, or any detergent i should buy to get the ';humidity smell'; off.





My method:


I get a small tub.


Fill tub with warm water.


Dissolve a little bit of the ';laundry soap'; in the tub


Soak clothes in tub, scrub areas where i perspire


empty tub, and refill with warm water again


Soak and refill tub until clothes are rid of anymore soap


squeeze clothes to release any water


Hang in bathroom





Is there anything wrong with my method? Because i think it is only the soap i am using.About hand-washing clothes?
It sounds like your clothes may have been left in the washer too long at some point and started to mildew. Set your washing machine on the final rinse cycle and let it fill with water, add about a cup of white vinegar and your clothes, leave the lid up or turn the washer off and let the clothes soak for a couple of hours, turn the washer on or shut the lid (whichever will make the washer rinse the clothes and spin the water out), re-set the machine to wash, add a half cup of baking soda along with your detergent and let it run the full cycle. If you use lliquid fabric softener, be sure to add it in the final rinse. If you don't use fabric softener in the washer, you might want to add a cup of white vinegar to the final rinse. The smell of the vinegar will dissapate as the clothes dry.About hand-washing clothes?
I am not sure clothes are getting cleaned well enough. But try adding half a cup of vinegar to the rinse and then rinse this again. Vinegar is great at removing odors and stains. Also hang outside to dry for fresh air and try to find another indoor place to dry clothes as bathrooms are usually to humid for this. Maybe an area of kitchen near the heat vent.
Just add a cup or so of white vinegar to the tub and let the clothes soak in that for a few minutes before you start to wash...The vinegar will sanitize your clothes and also make the ';laundry soap'; work much better.. :-)
A good hand-washing soap is Woolite. Make sure you are not using a laundry soap that is meant for washing machines. However, the humidity smell is likely from the air drying in your bathroom. If the humidity cannot leave your bathroom when you are drying your clothes, it will cause the clothes to smell musty. Dry your clothes in an airy room with windows open or outside. A fan may help as well if it is blowing fresh air. I am assuming you are avoiding a powered dryer, but if not drying your clothes with a dryer sheet would also help that musty smell. You could also try febreze spray after your clothes are dry. Good luck!
Well... why don't you wash your clothes ina washer? But ... if I were to wash my clothes by hand I would use Tide with bleach and for the rinse I would add what ever amount of snuggles I liked. this works for me the smell of the Tide and snuggles is so good you can get several kinds of smells. You can use baking soda too it's good for body oder just add some to the wash water :) If the oder is real bad scrub the baking soda in where it stinks but, it should work good enough just in the wash water. :) My son was big and sweating was a big thing and I had wash his jerseys in the tub, so.....I feel your pain! :)
  • Dogs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment