Monday, December 21, 2009

Machine washing clothes so they won't shrink or get damaged?

I've recently decided to wash my own clothing. I find that when my mother happens to wash my clothes (some brand new), they either come out unfashionably shrunk, wrinkled, or bleached another color in some places. It is highly irritating. I'm planning on buying myself a brand new wardrobe since she basically cleaned out all my good clothes. I just need to know how to care for them as properly as possible.





What detergent is best for protecting clothes from material damage?


How do you separate the colors so I won't end up with tie-dye shirts?


Is it okay to only use cold water and the gentle cycle whenever I wash my clothes from now on?





Tips?Machine washing clothes so they won't shrink or get damaged?
Separate the colors, heavy reds and blues together. Whites obviously, and every other color by itself. It does not matter what brand of detergent you use, just not one from the dollar store. Also, do not wash clothes in hot or cold water.... only warm water. Clothes that you do not want to shrink or get damaged, hang them to dry.... make sure the spin cycle is on its highest potential... that way you don't have to dry the clothes for so long, the dryer is what usually damages the clothes. Clorox, has a product called ';color safe bleach'; i find it aw some to restore the color is clothing. Hope it helps ?!Machine washing clothes so they won't shrink or get damaged?
Separate you colors and whites. Washing in cold and on the gentle cycle will be fine, you could also wash in the perm press cycle as well. I generally use that and the gentle for dedicates. Check the label on your clothes some will say to dry flat, otherwise you could dry on perm-press or low setting to help keep items from shrinking. Tide has a new product out is suppose to help the life of your clothes, to help them from fading and such.
  • Dogs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment