Monday, December 21, 2009

How often do you wash your clothes?

Jeans, T-shirts and anything else. Also, any tips on ';preserving'; your clothes because clothes seem to wear down after being in the washer and dryer multiple times.How often do you wash your clothes?
I work in an office so I don't get ';dirt'; kind of dirty. I wear jeans and slacks two or three times before washing them if I only wore them to work or out to dinner; blouses usually twice before dry cleaning or washing if I didn't perspire while wearing them. I know what you mean about washing wearing the clothes out. I also use ';Fe breeze'; in between washings to remove minor or subtle odors from clothes to keep them fresh and I hang them back up. When they aren't really dirty, but have been worn, ';Fe breeze'; re-freshens them as if they have been washed. Best invention for clothes - my closet smells fresh, too! And don't wash clothes with towels otherwise you'll get those little fuzz balls on your shirts. Dry cleaning some things occasionally may help them last longer if you can afford it. Hope that helps!How often do you wash your clothes?
I wash my clothes after every wear because my perfume is always all over
In order to make your clothes last longer:


%26gt; Wash them with like-colours (whites, warm colours, cool colours, darks)


%26gt;Turn all your clothing inside-out prior to washing


%26gt;Make sure you read the washing instructions for each garment just to be on the safe-side.


%26gt; Do not use too much soap


%26gt; Make sure that you do not ';over-dry'; your clothes. Better to have them out slightly damp, than to burn the fibres.
never, my mom washes them :)
Once every three weeks or so and I hang them instead of using the dryer.
I wear them once, put them in the dirty clothes basket %26amp; wash clothes every couple days. I use my towels several times before putting in basket, sheets I wash %26amp; change once a week. If you don't overload the washer, clothes will not rub against each other in the washer %26amp; will last longer. Bleach whites only %26amp; use only as much bleach as needed.
I wash clothes just about every day. As far as maintaining their appearance, I make sure to seperate the jeans in one pile, whites, colours, delicates. I wash in cold water with cold water tide and use plenty of snuggle fabric softener. I've found it's better to seek higer quality clothing, good stitching, bolder dyes, durable fabrics and such as it holds up better in the wash.
Actually, I feel that you do not really have to wash your clothes everyday, but only wash them when there is sweat on them. If you really care about your clothes being wear down after being in the dryer for multiple times, you should not wash your clothes in the washing machine anymore but wash them yourself with your hands and do not scrub your clothes too hard, or else it will also be worn down easily.
Wash them every time you wear them.
for whites there is something called white wash you can get at any grocery store. Its actually safer and better than bleach.


for blue jeans just was them normally in luke warm water. cold water will make them shrink
Once a month, and I planned it that way cause I hate doing laundry. The only thing I have to wash weekly is my dress shirts and socks. I don't wear underwear so I rarely have any of those to wash.
Wash as needed. Use your best judgement there (eyes and nose).


If you get new clothes with color, soak in salted water first to set the dye...this will prolong your color (even jeans) for 1-2 hrs.


Use a cool water setting for normal laundry loads like colors and jeans.


Never wash towels, robes or fleece with your other clothes - it pills up on your fabrics.


If you wore something one day and it isn't dirty, freshen it up in the dryer on a low setting with 1/2 a dryer sheet to fluff it and remove any wrinkles or folds. (unless you like ironing)


Use only liquid detergent as the powders may contain abrasives and won't completely dissolve....I've seen a demonstration that proves this (looks like sand or ground up bone).


Bleach will wear down your clothes only if you abuse it (like soaking in a strong solution will turn them to mush) so use 1 cup for a Lg load and add another rinse cycle or wash a second time with only detergent.


For grease stained clothing, add 1 cup ammonia to the load and wash only greased items together....but you can add ammonia anytime to act as a water softener for cleaner clothes.
I wash my clothes every two weeks. But I dont completely dry it in the dryer. I let it dry outside with fresh air in the night by hanging it. That way it wont shrink. Avoid direct contact with the sun. I also put dark colors together, light colors together, white colors together and use the appropiate soap to wash them. It also depends on the quality of clothes. I have clothes that still look the same since I bought them. But others have faded colors.
I do a washload every day - my preferred bath towels are small ( the hand-size), so they get washed every day along with socks, underwears and such.


Every few days a second load takes care of the larger items, and bedsheets once a week - but to answer your question: it depends on how many times you wear the same clothes.


To preserve clothes, it's best to partially dry them on hangers, depending on the space you have available, and then give them a short run in the drier just to soften them.


Never use fabric softeners: they are the biggest hoax perpetrated by the multinationals that make them: they slowly disperse the cloth fibres away, make the towels annoyingly unabsorbent, and who needs their cheap perfume anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment