Monday, December 21, 2009

Is it safe to wash baby clothes for the 1st time in a laundromat?

We don't have a washer and dryer and I was going to wash the baby's clothes (1st time wash) at a friends house. But, if I were to wash them at a laundromat, do you think that's okay? I just don't like the fact of all those germs on the machines that everyone uses (even though washing should kill the germs). What do you think?Is it safe to wash baby clothes for the 1st time in a laundromat?
Maybe and maybe not, but I wouldn't reccomend it. Their skin is so fragile at a young age and if their like my son who developed eczema and psoriasis at 1 1/2 months the smallest thing could break out their skin. I don't even lay my child down in my bed or the furniture without one of his freshly washed blankets underneath him so I definately wouldn't take his things to a laundromat where other peoples dirty laundry has been exposed.Is it safe to wash baby clothes for the 1st time in a laundromat?
Unless your baby as a skin problem don't worry about it, many people have to do that. Just wash the clothes.
Sure, but make sure you use Ivory Snow, or whatever baby detergent you get in your area. To be extra safe at the laundromat, bring along a premoistened wipe to clean the edges of the washer, and dryer.
I think you are being ridiculous!
Any germs that are left hanging around the clothes after you wash them will be killed by the heat of the dryer. Don't worry about it.
I dont think you should wash them at the laundromat either, I think there are to many germs to. just maybe wash them on hand in your sink, the clothes cant be that dirty can they?
My suggestion to that is if you MUST use a public laundromat to use the HOT setting. That way it is killing any germs. I am similar to your situation I am expecting my 4th baby here in April and am wondering about those public ones. My mother lives nearby but I am also considering washing his clothes at home. I would highly recommend that you use the wash soap called Dreft because it is made just for baby clothes-the bigger the bottle the more it will last also.
I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I use a laundromat to do all my laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment