Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is it safe to wash 1 clothing item in the washing machine?

I don't have multiple of the same color of clothes to wash and I was wondering if it's safe to wash it in the washing machine alone, since I need this washed tonight.





Also if it is, how much detergent should I use since it's just 1thing





additional info:


what I need to wash is 100% Polyester, Thank you!Is it safe to wash 1 clothing item in the washing machine?
put a towel in too so the load stays balanced when it spins.





just a little bit, I can't show you from here.Is it safe to wash 1 clothing item in the washing machine?
sorry Kat I liked your answer better / don't know why this one got the best answer there's no detail Report Abuse

Go for the small load setting, and put it on delicate cycle so it won't be roughed up by over agitating. Reduce the soap by at least 1/2, or more if your washer fills up less than half. If you can, check it during the rinse cycle fill up. If it appears to have suds in it, add softener like Downey or Snuggle to remove soap.


Your difficulty will be with the dryer. If you dry it by itself, it will not fluff out right, and it will be seriously wrinkled. Dry it with other items. You can dry it with something that is already dry, if you don't care about the already dry item shrinking a little. I would put the equivalent of 4 shirts in there with it. Socks, undies, whatever, but not towels. They may put little pills on your clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment