Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is cold water detergent a must if you wash your clothes with cold water?

Do you need these specialty detergents, like Tide and others make, or can you use your normal, everyday detergent. In addition, I know you can't use the powder detergents in the cold washes, so no need to counsel me there. Thanks.Is cold water detergent a must if you wash your clothes with cold water?
I wash in cold for almost all my laundry. I use a liquid laundry soap VS powder soap. Powder will not do well in cold.Is cold water detergent a must if you wash your clothes with cold water?
umm... no.


I always use cold water to save on energy costs when I wash my colors and I use the same detergent that I use for my whites.
Naw- it's just a way for companies to put another product out there hoping that the consumer will fork out more cash for a speciality item!


I mean like really until recently according to these companies any cold water washing we did must have been very inferior,Right?
I use just regular detergent for ALL my cold water washing... EXCEPT for my delicates, jeans and darks I like to use WOOLITE but, that's just me. I buy a big Bj's warehouse bottle and it lasts me over a year. I also add 1c. of baking soda to the wash water which helps fight tough odors AND boosts the laundry detergent power ! Baking Soda is CHEAP I get 12 lbs. for around $5 and it great for other things around the house as well....





Good luck
Just confirming your first 2 answerers - I use a cold wash all the time and have never had bother with the detergent - I use a cheap tablet form from a discount store. Great savings on both detergent and electricity in heating the water.


Another plus using cold water is that you don't get any colours running and spoiling other clothes.
yes it is a must because it was designed for cold water if you use hot water it might not do it's job

No comments:

Post a Comment